Account Development Representative
Shopventory exists to help businesses thrive by offering the analytics and optimization tools they need to make informed decisions. We're a total business solution, from ordering and receiving, to inventory controls, sales reporting and more.
Shopventory has received most of its customers from inbound sources, such as partnerships and referrals. We're now in a position where we want to set our sights outward and bring our solution to more businesses around the world.
As a Shopventory Account Development Representative, you'll be responsible for chasing down new opportunities wherever they may be. This will come in the form of nurturing inbound opportunities, cold calling new prospects, and working with management to create new outbound channels. You'll be directly responsible for the growth of Shopventory in this position.
The Ideal Candidate:
Perfect isn't possible, we know that. You'll struggle at first and make mistakes, but that's why we're looking to train and develop passionate people. Here are the traits we're looking for:
- You have superior oral and written communication skills - You will spend most of your time on the phone and emailing. The ability to deliver ideas in a compelling but concise way is necessary.
- You can interpret the language of others to understand what they truly mean - You're a good listener. You can read between the lines to know the appropriate response to give.
- You value knowledge - One of the best tools of a salesperson is their ability to talk accurately on different topics. We have customers that don't know what they're looking for, and the skill to guide them in the right direction is extremely valuable.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment - Shopventory is a startup, meaning we move fast. You'll come to love it.
- You question the status quo - The Shopventory team isn't like most other companies. You're expected to speak up, disagree, and challenge the way things are done whether it's to your direct manager or the CEO. A good idea is a good idea, and a bad idea is a bad idea, no matter who it came from.
- You're an independent thinker - Some days will require you to make a decision on the fly. You'll need to be confident that you're making the best decision.
- You're not afraid to talk to anyone - Whether it's the owner of a mom and pop shop or the CEO of a massive franchise. You'll be expected to pick up the phone and call that person.
- You have 2+ years in sales or comparable positions.
Bonus points for:
- Experience at a startup
- Technology sales experience
- Spanish speaking
- Graphic design or other marketing skills
For more information on this position, please call (858) 271-4000 x2
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Stock options
- 15 days Paid Time Off (PTO), moving to 20 days PTO