Experienced Python Software Engineer
Shopventory (www.shopventory.com) helps merchants automate their inventory management and product purchasing by providing powerful business intelligence to increase sales and save time. We are a fast moving team dedicated to helping businesses succeed, and we’re looking to hire engineers who shares these values.
Shopventory is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. The person in this position must be a good communicator, be passionate about technology, like collaborating, and love solving tough problems. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a fun team to work with!
We don’t care whether you have a college degree or N years of experience. What we do care about is working with a team member who wants to build cool stuff and can take a leadership role in the business.
The Shopventory product is one part of a multi-product strategy. Our customers include retail shops, restaurants, boutiques, salons, coffee shops, online eCommerce merchants, and mobile merchants.The Shopventory platform currently integrates with Square, Clover, Shopify, WooCommerce, PayPal, Xero and Quickbooks with more integrations on the horizon.
Here’s what you would be working on:
- First 3 months: Get up to speed on the Shopventory platform. Then build a third-party integration with a POS (Point-of-sale) system that has a well-documented API.
- As part of the above, the team has identified several likely prospects for the next best POS/eCommerce system to integrate with. You will research APIs to in order to prioritize which POS systems to integrate with next.
- First 6 months: Introduce new features to the Shopventory platform. You’ll get to talk to customers about their needs, and really get to know customers’ aspirations and challenges.
- First 12 months: Introduce more intelligence and metrics into the product—identify nuggets of wisdom that would be useful for the user and then automate that process. If you’ve worked on or are interested in working on algorithms, clustering algorithms, or data mining, you’ll love this part of the job.
Our tech stack:
- Django framework
- PostgresQL relational database
- Amazon cloud hosting
- Linux and MacOS
- You should be an expert in a few of these, and interested in learning the rest.
Why join the Shopventory team?
- Join a fun team who talk all the time and enjoy working together
- Make a difference to small business owners all over the world
- Generous medical/dental/vision plans
- Work from where ever you are and skip the commute